7535 and Windows 7 64bit

7535 and Windows 7 64bit

This question is answered

Hello and thank you in advance for your help,

We are receiving a shipment of used 7535's and from the documentation its not clear to me what drivers and software will work with my Windows 7 64-bit desktop.  I see on the Microsoft website they have a version of Mobile Device Center Driver for Vista 64-bit but I'm not sure if that will be compatible with Windows 7.  Also are there any special USB device drivers I'll need?  Finally, are there any firmware upgrades for the 7535 and what is the current version number of the firmware?

Thank you for your help,

rjhraytheon

Verified Answer
  • Hi Rjhraytheon,

Welcome to our community, Ingenuity Working.

rjhraytheon
    I see on the Microsoft website they have a version of Mobile Device Center Driver for Vista 64-bit but I'm not sure if that will be compatible with Windows 7.

Answer: Minimun version of Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center should be 6.1 to avoid the issue of unrecognized device.

click here for Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 Driver for the following versions of Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Vista.

Windows 7 Ultimate

Windows 7 Enterprise

Windows 7 Professiona

lWindows 7 Home Premium

Windows Vista Ultimate

Windows Vista Enterprise

Windows Vista Business

Windows Vista Home Premium

Windows Vista Home Basic

Windows Vista Server

rjhraytheon
    are there any special USB device drivers I'll need?

Answer: USB Setup is no longer required to establish a connection with Psion mobile computers while they are operational.

for more information click here

rjhraytheon
    Finally, are there any firmware upgrades for the 7535 and what is the current version number of the firmware?

Answer: The current recommended system software version for 7535 can be found here

Downloads » Firmware/Software & Demos » » Handheld Computers: 7530 & 7535 » 7535/7530 (Windows CE.NET 4.2) OS Image - English Language Version

Americas Help Desk

This posting is provided "AS IS". No Warranty. No Guarantee. Maybe updated or changed without notice at any time. You can use the information provided at your own risk.

• rjhraytheon
    I don't have the specific information on the actual hardware connection.  I see in the manual and on the device there is a custom tether port.

You need Part No: 1030085 Model No: HU4001

Service Kit - PDM (Plus) Includes:  PDM, Universal AC adapter, 1 USB Cable, Null Modem Serial Cable.

Americas Help Desk

This posting is provided "AS IS". No Warranty. No Guarantee. Maybe updated or changed without notice at any time. You can use the information provided at your own risk.

All Replies
  • Hi Rjhraytheon,

Welcome to our community, Ingenuity Working.

rjhraytheon
    I see on the Microsoft website they have a version of Mobile Device Center Driver for Vista 64-bit but I'm not sure if that will be compatible with Windows 7.

Answer: Minimun version of Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center should be 6.1 to avoid the issue of unrecognized device.

click here for Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 Driver for the following versions of Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Vista.

Windows 7 Ultimate

Windows 7 Enterprise

Windows 7 Professiona

lWindows 7 Home Premium

Windows Vista Ultimate

Windows Vista Enterprise

Windows Vista Business

Windows Vista Home Premium

Windows Vista Home Basic

Windows Vista Server

rjhraytheon
    are there any special USB device drivers I'll need?

Answer: USB Setup is no longer required to establish a connection with Psion mobile computers while they are operational.

for more information click here

rjhraytheon
    Finally, are there any firmware upgrades for the 7535 and what is the current version number of the firmware?

Answer: The current recommended system software version for 7535 can be found here

Downloads » Firmware/Software & Demos » » Handheld Computers: 7530 & 7535 » 7535/7530 (Windows CE.NET 4.2) OS Image - English Language Version

Americas Help Desk

• click here for a related post, Windows 7 USB driver for 7535G2 and Windows Mobile Device Center?

click here for Windows 7 ActiveSync and PTX Devices

Americas Help Desk

• for 7535G2 current recommended system software version click here

Downloads » Firmware/Software & Demos » » Handheld Computers: 7530 G2 & 7535 G2

Americas Help Desk

• As mentioned before I have the original 7535 CE V4.2 (not the newer 7535 G2) and I need to connect to my Windows 7 machine.  I understand from your message I do not need special drivers but I don't have the specific information on the actual hardware connection.  I see in the manual and on the device there is a custom tether port.  I do not have a tether cable and as this is a discontinued item, I'm not sure how to get one.  I do have the docking/charging station which has a network port on it.  Can I connect this network port & a network cable to a USP/Network converter as is sold in specialty computer hardware stores?  My 7535 does not seem to have Bluetooth as when I select Bluetooth in the control panel I get a hardware error.

Any help and insights would be very appreciated!  Thank you!

• Appologies for the typo.  My message should read, "Can I connect this network port & a network cable to a USB/Network converter..."

• rjhraytheon
    I don't have the specific information on the actual hardware connection.  I see in the manual and on the device there is a custom tether port.

You need Part No: 1030085 Model No: HU4001

Service Kit - PDM (Plus) Includes:  PDM, Universal AC adapter, 1 USB Cable, Null Modem Serial Cable.

Americas Help Desk